ON THE SHOW TODAY: DAY LIGHT SAVING TIME “POST EFFECTS”. IPHONE GOES ON SALE! I LOVE THOR AND SOME DIDN’T
Daylight saving time ended yesterday.
Survey: “Have you ever showed up early or late to something because of a time change? If so, what funny or disastrous thing happened?”
Mashable claims Dr. Paul Locus delivered babies on Halloween dressed as the Joker. The Nashville, Tennessee obstetrician resembled Heath Ledger’s character. He wore a green vest and had green hair.
Justin Selph tells BuzzFeed that his wife was being treated by Locus. “I actually joked with my wife earlier in the day, after we had first seen that he was dressed that way, that I should go get some face paint and fix her up as Harley Quinn, The Joker’s girlfriend. But unfortunately we didn’t.”
iPhone X Goes On Sale
iPhone X Goes On Sale: Some people sold their spots in line for the iPhone X on Friday for $250 a piece. Business Insider claims some people purchased iPhone X’s before scalping them outside of Apple stores. USA Today claims most new iPhone X’s are reselling on eBay for $2,000.
– The Daily Express claims the Metropolitan Police are investigating Kevin Spacey for sexual assault. The assault reportedly happened in 2008 and involves another man.
– OK! magazine claims Alec and Hilaria Baldwin are expecting their fourth child together. They are having a boy
– Contact Music claims Warner Brothers and Amazon Prime are discussing developing a Lord of the Rings television series
– E! News claims Jimmy Fallon’s mother Gloria passed away on Saturday. She was 68
– The NY Daily News claims Anthony Weiner will begin his 21-month prison sentence today for sexing a 15 year-old girl.
– People magazine claims Andrew Dice Clay is recovering from dehydration and exhaustion. He checked into a Vegas hospital to get treated. Clay is now fine
– The Chicago Tribune claims the Cubs congratulated the Astros on winning the World Series by sending them 40 pizzas.
– Brobible claims Saturday’s Washington State-Stanford game was interrupted by a Washington State fan, who jumped onto the field after a Washington State touchdown and dropped his pants. The man was wearing bright blue underwear
– Brand Eating claims chocolate peanut butter Cheerios have hit store shelves
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
1. “Thor: Ragnarok,” $121 million ($151.4 million international).
2. “A Bad Moms Christmas,” $17 million.
3. “Jigsaw,” $6.7 million.
4. “Tyler Perry’s Boo 2!” $4.7 million.
5. “Geostorm,” $3 million.
6. “Happy Death Day,” $2.8 million.
7. “Thank You For Your Service,” $2.3 million.
8. “Blade Runner 2049,” $2.2 million.
9. “Only the Brave,” $1.9 million.
10. “Let There Be Light,” $1.6 million.
Time Change Makes People Grumpy:
A survey by Accountemps reveals that 75% of people will come in tired to work today due to the time change. Other findings:
– the average person won’t crack a smile until 11:16 a.m. today.
– the average person will only manage 3.5 hours of true work today due to the time change.
A new survey by You Gov reveals that 58% of women and 50% of men think of themselves as attractive. Other findings:
– 12% of men think they are very attractive compared to just 7% of women
– 48% of people like it when a stranger compliments them on their appearance
– 22% of people get uncomfortable with compliments about their appearance
– 20% of people have had a day ruined by a negative comment about their appearance
A new survey by ‘A Real Keeper’ reveals that 52% of singles don’t think they’ll ever meet their soulmate. Other findings:
– 34% of men would quit smoking for their soulmate
– 68% of women are open to dating someone with children
– 55% of men would move for their perfect partner
Ugly Xmas Rompers
Mashable claims ugly Christmas rompers have replaced ugly Christmas sweaters. The men’s rompers sell for between $99 and $139. They are Christmas and Hanukkah-themed and can be purchased by going to the online retailer Get on Fleek
I have been living with my girlfriend in her three bedroom condo for the past six months. She and I have a room, her daughter has a room and then I have a man cave. Last week, she informed me a friend of a friend was moving into my man cave. My girlfriend didn’t ask me, she told me. She owns the condo and can do what she wants, but we are a couple and I feel I should have been consulted. I have to pick my battles because my girlfriend is sensitive and sometimes flies off the handle. Should I have been consulted or not? My girl does own the condo
Texas Church Shooting:
Uproxx claims a gunman walked into a Sutherland Springs, Texas church yesterday before opening fire and killing more than 25 people. Uproxx has identified the suspect as Devin Patrick Kelly, a married 26 year-old, who taught Sunday school. Kelly was dressed in full gear before entering the church and opening fire. He served in the Air Force for four years before being dishonorably discharged and court-martialed in 2014.
Chelsea Handler: Innocent people go to church on Sunday to honor their God, and while doing so, get shot in killed. What country? America. Why? Republicans.
Rob Lowe: “My family and I are praying for the community of #SutherlandSpringsTexas.”
Reese Witherspoon: “I am absolutely heartbroken over the shooting today in #SutherlandSprings Texas. #PrayForTexas #EnoughIsEnough #StopGunViolence.”
Britney Spears: “My heart breaks over the news coming out of Texas. My prayers are with the Sutherland Springs community.”
Sarah Silverman: “When a plane crashes, air travel becomes exponentially safer bc of the lessons learned. But 1 mass shooting after another… nothing.”
Bride Goes To McDonald’s On Wedding Day: Metro UK claims Karen Banfield went to a Newfoundland, Canada McDonald’s on her wedding day.
The 36 year-old tells the paper that she signed a contract with her father when she was 9 years-old agreeing to go to Mickey D’s when she got married. ”I’d told my dad at nine years old that I wanted to visit McDonald’s on my wedding day. He found it hilarious and asked me to write it down, so I did. He carried that letter in his briefcase throughout his career from the time it was written in 1991 until he retired in 2012. ‘The letter read: “My dad said on my wedding day for the reception he will take everyone to McDonald’s. Jan 23, 1991, age nine,” and was signed by myself.’ It was surreal to be sat in McDonald’s after spending $12 [CAD] on burgers and fries before my wedding reception but it was something we needed to do. Going to McDonald’s on my wedding day was a dream of mine since I was little and I’m so happy that it was one I got to live out.”
“Do you know a person or family that attended an important or formal event and then celebrated afterwards by going to a fast food restaurant? If so, what (funny thing) happened? Did they go to a wedding and then to a fast food restaurant in formalwear?”