KIDS GO BACK TO SCHOOL AND SOME PARENTS CELEBRATE! MEGA MILLIONS AND THE MUNSTERS ARE COMING BACK!
Raw Story claims Jena Willingham, of Beulah, Alabama, became an Internet star yesterday after she posted a picture of herself in her pool drinking a mimosa while her three children stood behind her with dejected looks on their faces. Jena was celebrating their first day of school. Her husband took the picture.
She tells BuzzFeed; “It’s the first time in 11 years I haven’t had a kid at home. I was excited to get a break because they’re a lot of work. They have been fighting over everything all summer…over who’s going to use the charger, who’s going to sit in the front seat. So I said, ‘I’m so tired of listening to y’all argue, I’m just going to sit in the pool on the first day of school and let my brain hear the silence.’”
Survey: “In what wild, funny, extreme, relaxing or crazy ways have you celebrated your kids going back to school? Did you do it in secret? What happened?”
– Elite Daily claims Starbucks is going to begin selling a bottled pumpkin spice latte in late August. The drinks will cost $2.79
Mega Millions Jackpot Update: Tonight’s Mega Millions lottery jackpot is worth $382 million with a lump sum cash payout of $238 million
CNBC claims the odds of winning tonight’s Mega Millions jackpot are 1 in 258.9 million
The federal taxes on the lump sum payout would be $60 million while state taxes could top $21 million.
Powerball Jackpot Update: Saturday’s Powerball jackpot is expected to be worth $356 million with a lump sum cash payout of $224 million.
The odds of winning tomorrow night’s Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292.2 million.
Federal taxes on the Powerball jackpot would be $56 million while state taxes could top $19.7 million.
If I Won The Lottery I Would ….
A new survey by CNBC reveals that 86% of people would invest or save if they won the lottery. Other findings:
– 33% of people would donate to charity if they won the lottery
– 28% of people would go on a trip if they won the lottery
– 26% of people would buy a new home if they won the lottery
– 8% of people would buy a new car if they won the lottery
THIS IS GOOD!
Cheating Boyfriend Arrested After Using McDonald’s As Alibi: The Telegraph claims the Macon, Georgia police recently charged a 23 year-old man with falsely reporting a crime. The man called 911 and said he had been robbed while walking to work at McDonald’s. Cops arrived and didn’t believe the man’s story because he was wearing sweatpants with a marijuana emblem on them. The man finally confessed he was cheating on his girlfriend and called the police so he would have an alibi.
Survey: “What’s the strangest way you or someone you know found out about a cheater?”
WARM AND FUZZY NEWS
Tebow Hits Home Run For Boy: Tim Tebow was recently waiting to bat during a minor league baseball game when 10 year-old Seth Bossh walked over and shook his hand. Seth, who has autism, started crying. Tim then stepped up to the plate and hit a three-run homer for him.
Seth’s mom Ileana tells the Tampa Bay Times; “When Seth came back to his seat, he was crying. And then Tim hit the homer. I started crying, too. How does that happen? I think God brought Seth and Tim together.”
Oreo Cookie Study
BroBible claims researchers recently studied Oreo cookies to find out how long you should dunk them in milk for. Researchers say three seconds is the optimal time. “Oreos absorbed 50 percent of their potential liquid weight in just one second. After two seconds, they absorbed 80 percent. The number flatlined briefly for a second. After the fourth second, the cookie maxed out.”
Back to School Shopping Survey
A new survey by RetailMeNot reveals that 50% of households get stressed by the first day of school. Other findings:
– 40% of parents say it takes months for them to pay off their back to school shopping bills.
– 33% of parents don’t realize how much they’re spending on back to school supplies and clothing until they look at their credit card statement at the end of the month.
One Night Stand Survey
A new survey by Indiana University reveals that 34% of singles have used dating apps to find a romantic partner. Other findings:
– 10% of people look for hookups and one night stands on dating apps
– 9% of singles would like to find a friend with benefits
– 11% of singles are okay with one night stands
A new survey by Accountemps reveals that 23% of people regret leaving a job. Other findings:
– 28% of people, who have left a job, miss their friends and colleagues
– 20% of people, who have left a job, miss their boss or mentor
– 52% of people would return to a former job if they got better pay
– 15% of people would return to their old job if they got a more flexible schedule