FONSECA HAD A FEW THINGS ABOUT XMAS TODAY! TALKED ABOUT VICTORIA SECRET, STAR WARS OF COURSE!!
The Huffington Post claims Aldi is selling a Santa cam. The fake camera has a red LED light that flashes and gives kids the impression that Santa is recording them. The makers of the camera say kids behave better when they think Santa is watching them. Some parents love the camera while others dislike it.
The Internet reacts ….
“Horrible idea. My five-year-old has already been in tears because a friend of hers got in trouble at school and she was afraid he wouldn’t get any presents when it’s Christmas.
“What are you going to use to control their behavior after Christmas? I was furious when my daughter’s (reception) teacher had one in class last year – should not be necessary. Also why take the magic out of Christmas?”
“These are awful, it’s such an invasion of privacy and a lack of trust in our children. I want my children to behave because they know right from wrong and are respectful and kind, not because they think Santa’s watching and they want presents.”
Survey: “Do you like the idea of fake Santa cams watching children? Why or why not? Would you use it on your own children? Is it a good way to get your children to behave? Is it cruel and unusual?”
Another Cyber Monday has passed.
Survey: ”What have you purchased on a Cyber Monday that you would have normally never purchased, but did because you got a great deal? What funny or strange purchases did you make?”
The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show Airs Tonight
Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra: Teen Vogue claims this year’s Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra is worth $2 million. Victoria’s Secret model Lais Ribeiro will wear the bra during the annual Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show. She jokes that she’s going to wear it with a pair of Levi’s and Converse sneakers.
The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show airs tonight on CBS
Victoria Secret’s Perfume Repels Mosquitoes: A study by New Mexico State University reveals that Victoria Secret’s Bombshell perfume repels mosquitoes nearly as well as products containing DEET. Researchers tested DEET products on two types of mosquitoes. They then tested other natural insect repellents as well as the Victoria Secret perfume, which one of the researchers was wearing, and had received as a birthday gift.
The researchers wrote the following in the Journal of Insect Science: ”Interestingly, other studies have shown that floral scents attract mosquitoes, and it is suggested to avoid floral scented perfumes to reduce mosquito attraction. Surprisingly, the perfume we tested, Victoria Secret Bombshell (Fragrance type: Fruity floral notes: Purple passion fruit, Shangri-la peony, Vanilla orchid) has shown to be a strong repellent with effects lasting longer than 120 min.”
The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show airs tonight on CBS. The models prepared for the show by eating egg white omelettes, fresh fruit crepes, grilled chicken breasts and stuffed mushrooms. Victoria’s Secret previously hired professional ballet coach Mary Bowers to teach their models how to look graceful while walking down the runway. Mary trained Natalie Portman for her role in ‘Black Swan’.
– Adobe Digital Insights claims consumers spent $6.6 billion on Cyber Monday.That’s up 16.5% from last year.
– Architectural Digest claims a 300-pound gingerbread White House is just one of the holiday decorations Melania Trump has put up in the White House
– Donald Trump Tweet of the Day: ”We should have a contest as to which of the Networks, plus CNN and not including Fox, is the most dishonest, corrupt and/or distorted in its political coverage of your favorite President (me). They are all bad. Winner to receive the FAKE NEWS TROPHY!”
– Dictionary.com has announced their 2017 Word of the Year. They took a shot at Donald Trump when they tweeted: ”We’re so excited to announce that the Word of the Year is covfefe! JUST KIDDING! But it is complicit.”
– Market Insider claims Extended Stay America hotels are allowing reindeer and pets to stay free through the holiday season
– Contact Music claims ‘‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi” could earn $200 million during its opening weekend in North America
– Coca-Cola Australia is releasing a new flavor. Coca-Cola Raspberry has 25% less sugar than other Coca-Cola products.
WARM AND FUZZY
10 Year-Old Writes Amazing Letter To Santa: Inside Edition claims 10 year-old Houston Leadbetter of Tennessee is making national headlines because of the letter he wrote to Santa. It read; : “I want nothing for Christmas. I want every kid to have a present instead of me.”
Houston and his grandmother hand out Christmas baskets to those in need every year. He tells the TV show; “It’s really fun because everybody else gets something they don’t have, and I can help out the community with stuff they need. I just want everyone else to have something to make them happy.”
Employee Holiday Survey
A new survey by the staffing firm Randstad reveals that 70% of workers say time off is their favorite thing about the holidays. Other findings:
– 34% of workers say receiving a holiday bonus is their favorite thing about the holidays
– Only 9% of employees like gift exchanges
– Only 11% of employees like cookie exchanges
– 90% of employees would prefer extra vacation days or a bonus instead of an office Christmas party
– 62% of workers feel pressure to attend their office holiday party
Holiday Shopping Survey
A new survey by the Pew Research Center reveals that 10% of people don’t like holiday shopping. Other findings:
– 96% of people dislike decorating during the holidays.
– 33% of people dislike the commercialism of the holidays.
Santa Letter Survey
A new survey by Elf on the Shelf reveals that 96% of children, who write to Santa, do so with a handwritten letter as opposed to Emailing. Other findings:
– 75% of parents wrote to Santa at least once as a child.
– 66% of parents say writing letters to Santa is a family activity
– 92% of families argue over their Christmas tree decorations.
Most Sinful Cities in America according to a new survey by Wallet Hub based on excessive drinking, potential cheaters and crime
1 Las Vegas
4 St Louis
5 North Las Vegas
6 Henderson, Nevada
8 Baton Rouge
10 New Orleans
My wife started her New Year’s resolution a month early and joined a gym over the weekend. I decided to join as well and was stunned at the personal trainer she hired. He was all over her on Saturday touching her butt and massaging her shoulders in the middle of the gym. It bothered me all weekend until we argued about it on Sunday night. My wife says the trainer is just doing his job. I disagree and think it’s borderline cheating that she allows him to touch her like that. She says I’m jealous and have nothing to worry about. She refuses to get a new trainer. Who’s right – me or her? Do I have a right to be jealous?