FONSECA WENT TO THE PHONES AND ASKED ABOUT SANTA SCHOOL AND BUYING GIFTS, WHAT’S TRENDING ..
Calgary’s “Santa School” teaches men how to play Santa. The three-day course involves vocal lessons, walking tips and bell ringing training. One student says: “I think that the perception that the public has is you just put on a red suit and you’re qualified to be Santa. There’s so much to it.”
Survey: “We asked the audience to call and describe the worst mall Santa they have ever seen. What made him so hilariously bad?”
A new survey by PayPal reveals that 46% of smartphone users will buy a holiday present while on the toilet. That’s up 24% from last year.
Survey: “What funny, weird or expensive things have you purchased while on the toilet?”
– Gossip Cop claims Blake Shelton has been named People Magazine’s Sexiest Man Alive for 2017
– Donald Trump Tweet of the Day: ”Why would Kim Jong-un insult me by calling me “old,” when I would NEVER call him “short and fat?” Oh well, I try so hard to be his friend – and maybe someday that will happen!”
– TMZ claims Tom Brady is now charging $1,049 to autograph a football. He is charging $899 for autographed pictures
– USA Today claims a streaker interrupted yesterday’s Bills-Saints game. Cops took the man into custody before one fan tweeted: ”That streaker ran for more yards than the Bills did this afternoon.”
– Yahoo News claims Roger Goodell may have asked for a $50 million salary and a lifetime private jet while negotiating his new contract to continue as NFL commissioner. The NFL is denying the report.
– The Impulsive Buy website claims Kellogg’s has launched a new cereal called Donut Shop. It comes in two flavors … chocolate donut and pink donut
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
1. Thor: Ragnarok — $56.6 million
2. Daddy’s Home 2 — $30 million
3. Murder on the Orient Express — $28.2 million
4. A Bad Moms Christmas — $11.5 million
5. Jigsaw — $3.4 million
6. Boo 2: A Madea Halloween — $2.1 million
7. Geostorm — $1.5 million
8. Blade Runner 2049 — $1.4 million
9. Happy Death Day — $1.3 million
10. Lady Bird — $1.2 million
WARM AND FUZZY
Matching Pajamas: The Daily Record claims a doggie clothing company called Fabdog is now selling matching human and doggie pajamas. The retailer is encouraging dog owners and their dogs to dress alike during the holidays. The pajamas come in plaid as well as solid red.
Secret Santa Survey
A new survey by Love Energy Savings reveals that 68% of workers enjoy participating in Secret Santa gift giving at work. Other findings:
– 20% of people spend $15 on their Secret Santa gift
– 17% of people spend $30 on their Secret Santa gift
– 32% of people don’t spend any money or participate in Secret Santa gift exchanges
Holiday Buying Survey
A new survey by PayPal reveals that 46% of smartphone users will buy a holiday present while on the toilet. That’s up 24% from last year. 49% of people will use their smartphone to buy a holiday present for their partner while their partner is sleeping next to them.
Holiday Gift Giving Survey
A new survey by SunTrust reveals that 69% of people would give up holiday gift-giving if their friends and family did too. Other findings:
– 43% of people feel pressure to buy holiday gifts
– 37% of people would pay down debt if they didn’t have to buy holiday gifts
Parental Driving Survey
A new survey by The Club reveals that 88% of young adults have seen their parents speed while driving. Other findings:
– 35% of young adults have witnessed their parents run a red light
– 14% of young adults have seen their parents drive without a seatbelt
– 72% of young adults have seen their parents use a phone while driving.
I am in trouble at my child’s school because I spanked one of his mouthy friends. I was picking up my son last Thursday when his ‘friend’ began teasing him and another boy. I told the rambunctious child to stop before he told me I’m not his mother and to shut up. His mother never disciplines him so I spun him around and spanked him twice. He fell to the ground and started crying. The child deserves an Academy Award for his dramatic performance. The school called on Friday and wants to see me later today. The boy’s parents are outraged. I didn’t spank him because he teased my son I spanked him because he was disrespectful to an adult. My husband says I shouldn’t have touched the boy, but I disagree because he needs discipline and shouldn’t disrespect his elders. Was I right or wrong? I am tired of entitled children and spoiled brats, who think they can get away with anything