THE SHOW TALKS ABOUT CAM NEWTON, OJ SIMPSON, WARM AND FUZZY, AND NEW MOVIES THIS WEEKEND
Cam Newton Loses Sponsorship Deal Over Sexist Comments: The NY Times claims Cam Newton lost his sponsorship deal with Dannon yesterday for demeaning a female reporter during a press conference. Charlotte Observer reporter Jourdan Rodrigue asked the Panthers QB about wide receiver Devin Funchess embracing the physicality of his routes. Newton laughed and responded, “It’s funny to hear a female talk about routes like — it’s funny.”
Dannon released a statement saying; “We are shocked and disheartened at the behavior and comments of Cam Newton toward Jourdan Rodrigue, which we perceive as sexist and disparaging to all women. It is entirely inconsistent with our commitment to fostering equality and inclusion in every workplace. It’s simply not OK to belittle anyone based on gender. We have shared our concerns with Cam and will no longer work with him.”
Survey: ”Should Cam have lost his sponsorship deal with Dannon? Are people overreacting to what he said? Is it sexist?”
– Business Insider claims the Mandalay Bay suite that Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock used to kill 58 people will most likely no longer be available to guests. Experts say the doors could be be sealed
– TMZ claims OJ Simpson has secretly been signing memorabilia in a private room at a Las Vegas hotel. Buffalo Bills helmets and USC memorabilia are likely to be hot sellers among auctioneers.
– The Blast claims Floyd Mayweather has settled his $22.2 million lien with the IRS. The site claims he may have used money from his Conor McGregor fight to pay off his bill
– Perez Hilton claims Honey Boo Boo’s big sister Pumpkin is having a baby girl
Food Trending …
– Popsugar claims Burger King has introduced a new Cinnamon Toast Crunch milkshake. The vanilla shake has bits of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal mixed with vanilla soft serve ice cream
– Business Insider claims Taco Bell is testing chicken and biscuits at several of their Indianapolis restaurants. They sell for $1.99
– Delish.com claims McDonald’s is testing a McVegan burger. The sandwich is only available for a limited time in Finland.
– Simple Most magazine claims Frito-Lay is now selling Wasabi Doritos
Love At First Sight: Inspired by a gadget in the movie ”Blade Runner”, researchers at Lancaster University have created a device that can detect love at first sight. An ear piece measures skin and heart rate responses as well as pupil dilation. The school has no plans to sell their device even though it may be accurate.
“Blade Runner 2049” is in theatres now
WARM AND FUZZY
The Daily Mirror claims Londoner Liam Norman is marrying the woman of his dreams after enduring the worst year of his life. He survived an armed robbery, a car crash and a stroke in less than 12 months. Liam and his fiance Jasmine Clarke met in 2012 on Plenty of Fish. He proposed in Las Vegas.
Halloween Costume Survey
A new survey by Goodwill reveals that 50% of people will dress up for Halloween this year. Other findings:
– 16% of people will have at least one pet in a Halloween costume this year.
– 10% of people are going to wear a funny Halloween costume this year
– 8% of people are going to wear a sexy Halloween costume this year.
– 27% of people are going to wear a one-of-a-kind Halloween costume this year.
– 38% of people create homemade Halloween costumes with items they purchase at a Goodwill or thrift store
Men More Stylish Than Their Partner
A new survey by the wallpaper company Graham & Brown reveals that 47% of men think they have a better eye for style than their partner. Other findings:
– 47% of men shop for scented candles
– 54% of men shop for cushions and decorative pillows
– 85% of single men believe a stylish home makes them more attractive to potential partners.
A new survey by the dating site illicitencounters.com reveals that 26% of cheating women wear red lipstick when they’re going to meet their lover. Other findings:
– 15% of cheating women wear heels when they are going to meet their lover
– 17% of cheating women wear suspender belts when they are going to meet their lover
– 21% of cheating men wear cologne when they are going to meet their lover
– 18% of cheating men shave or trim their beard when they are going to meet their lover
– 14% of cheating men wear fancy shoes when they are going to meet their lover
Hockey Increases Heart Rate
A new study by the Montreal Heart Institute reveals that watching hockey doubles your heart rate. Researchers studied healthy Montreal Canadiens fans before concluding that watching hockey on TV boosts your heart rate by 75% while watching hockey live boosts your heart rate by 110%.
Millenials Are Stressed
A new study by Mattress Firm reveals that Millennials spend 63 days a year feeling stressed out. Other findings:
– Millennials worry for at least four hours every day.
– 70% of Millennials wake up in the middle of the night because they are stressed.
– the average Millennial spends 2,121 hours a year stressing about finances.
– 47% of Millennials are stressed out on a regular basis
– 45% of people say worrying causes them to toss and turn at night
– 55% of Millennials are irritable and rude to clients if they don’t get enough sleep
TOP MILLENNIAL STRESSES
Tired/lack of sleep
Future of the country
Recent argument with partner
Lack of progress in a relationship
New Movies Opening Tonight
Blade Runner 2049 (Rated R) … STARRING: Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford … a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K (Ryan Gosling), seeks out an old blade runner in an attempt to save humanity
My Little Pony: The Movie (Rated PG) … STARRING: Kristin Chenoweth, Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana, Taye Diggs, Liev Schreiber .. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy and Rarity save Ponyville from evil forces
The Mountain Between Us (Rated PG13) .. Starring:Kate Winslet, Idris Elba, Beau Bridges, Dermot Mulroney … two strangers try and survive a plane crash on a remote, snow covered mountain.
Brawl in Cell Block 99 (Rated R) … STARRING: Vince Vaughn, Don Johnson … a former boxer (Vaughn) loses his job as an auto mechanic before getting busted for selling drugs. He goes to prison where he causes chaos