HAPPY WEDNESDAY! STARTING FRIDAY WE ARE SENDING YOU TO DISNEYLAND, WE TALKED ABOUT A MEAN TEACHER, EATING DISORDERS, AND WHAT YOUR FACE SAYS ABOUT YOU…
The Daily Mail claims Emma Snowden, of Durham, England, is addicted to eating sponges. She tells the paper that she eats 14 a week. There’s a funny side to it, but it can be awful, too, because I don’t understand why it started, or why I can’t stop. There’s help out there to stop people smoking and drinking – but its’ not like there’s anything to stop me chewing sponges. I feel like it’s a comfort thing. It got a lot worse during my first pregnancy. I even took a bag of about 28 sponges with me to hospital when I gave birth.”
Survey: “Do you know someone, who habitually chews on something funny or weird? If so, what is it? How did their habit start?”
– AM New York claims Olive Garden’s never ending pasta passes are selling on eBay for as much as $1,200. They cost $100 when they sold out in two seconds last week
– Brobible, citing TMZ, has identified the woman in Kevin Hart’s extortion video as a traveling exotic dancer named Montiah Sabbag.
– The Wrap says 10.8 million people watched the season premiere of Dancing With the Stars on Monday. That’s down 19% from last year
– The Birmingham Mail claims select Costco stores are selling 8-foot tall teddy bears for Christmas. The tan, 93-inch bears weigh 40 pounds and cost $336
– E! News claims Breaking Bad star Aaron Paul and his wife Lauren are expecting their first child together. He instagrammed a picture of her holding her pregnant belly.
– The Consumerist claims T-Mobile and Sprint may merge.
– People magazine claims Billy Bush and his wife of 20 years, Sydney Davis, are separating.
– The NY Post claims Halle Berry is dating British music producer Alex Da Kid.
– The NY Daily News claims Rachel Bilson and Hayden Christensen have split up after 10 years together. She is living in Los Angeles while he is in Toronto.
– Edy’s Ice Cream is now selling a pumpkin spice latte flavor ahead of Halloween
– Donald Trump Tweet of the Day: ”I was saddened to see how bad the ratings were on the Emmys last night – the worst ever. Smartest people of them all are the “DEPLORABLES.”
WARM AND FUZZY
Woman Charters Plane To Save Dogs From Hurricane Maria: The Virginian-Pilot newspaper claims Salli Gear, of Virginia Beach, recently chartered a plane to the Caribbean where she picked up 300 animals before Hurricane Maria hit. She owns a dog rescue that specializes in saving dogs from the US Virgin Islands where she grew up. The flight cost $112,000. People are already attempting to adopt the dogs.
A new survey by Voucher Codes reveals that 27% of women find it romantic when their partner orders carry-out food for them. Other findings:
– 23% of women find it romantic when they stay in and watch TV with their partner
– 13% of women find flowers romantic
– 11% of women say dining at a nice restaurant is romantic
Foodie Terms Added To Dictionary
Food & Wine magazine claims Merriam-Webster has added 11 food words to the dictionary. They include “bibimbap,” “California roll, “Callery pear,” “choux pastry,” “cordon bleu,” “cross contamination,” “farmers market,” “froyo,” “IPA,” “Saigon cinnamon” and “sriracha.
Researchers at Nipissing University in Canada recently studied the faces of 314 college students to learn more about their intimate behavior. The researchers also handed out questionnaires and discovered that …
men with wide faces are more likely to cheat than other men.
men and women with square faces have the highest sex drive
men with square faces are perceived as aggressive, dominant, unethical and more attractive than man with thinner, longer faces.
men with wide faces are easy going and open to casual relations
Gallop has released a new study about the American cities that exercise the most and least.
Cities that exercise the most …
1. Boulder, CO
2. Fort Collins, CO
3. San Luis Obispo–Paso Robles, CA
4. Greeley, CO
5. Santa Rosa, CA
6. Urban Honolulu, HI
7. Hilton Head Island–Bluffton–Beaufort, SC
8. Anchorage, AK
9. Clarksville, TN–KY
10. Chico, CA
Cities that exercise the least …
180. Roanoke, VA
181. Rockford, IL
182. Gulfport–Biloxi–Pascagoula, MS
183. Spartanburg, SC
184. Buffalo–Cheektowaga–Niagara Falls, NY
185. Toledo, OH
186. Montgomery, AL
187. Cedar Rapids, IA
188. Akron, OH
189. Hickory–Lenoir–Morganton, NC
I recently busted my husband looking at Plenty of Fish. He wasn’t logged in and swears he doesn’t have an account. He said he was trying to find a co-worker’s account. He was nervous and fidgeting during our conversation. I told him that surfing Plenty of Fish feels like he’s cheating and browsing for something better. He denied any wrongdoing. Should I believe him? Is surfing a dating site while married cheating?
Teacher Writes FOCUS On Student’s Forehead: Law Newz claims a former middle school math teacher from Virginia Beach, Virginia is being sued for $3 million for writing FOCUS on a student’s forehead. The student’s parents claim the teacher picked on their son because he was not focusing on his worksheet. He wrote FOCUS on the student’s head in bold black letters. The student wasn’t allowed to wipe off the word until he completed his schoolwork. The school’s principal has also been named as a defendant because he failed to report the child abuse.
Survey: “Who’s the meanest teacher you’ve had? What made them so mean? How did they (hilariously) embarrass you?”