ON THE SHOW TODAY WE TALKED WITH STEPHEN KING ABOUT IT, ALSO WE WENT TO THE PHONES, AND ANSWERED AN EMAIL
“IT” opens tonight. Based on Stephen King’s novel, a group of kids from Derry, Maine battle an evil clown named Pennywise
Survey: “What scary character kept you awake at night and gave you nightmares? What funny things did you do in your sleep?”
– JJ Watt’s Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund has now raised more than $20 million for victims of the storm
– Business Insider claims new car sales could spike by the end of the year because 500,000 vehicles were damaged by Hurricane Harvey flood waters
– People magazine claims Kim and Kanye’s surrogate is set to give birth in January 2018.
– Tina Fey is bringing Mean Girls to Broadway. The show will debut on April 8th
– People magazine claims Ryan Philippe is recovering from a broken leg. He and his friend were off roading when a utility vehicle rolled over his leg.
– The Wrap claims HBO has renewed ”Real Time with Bill Maher” through 2020
New Movies Opening Tonight
IT (Rated R) … STARRING: Bill Skarsgård … based on Stephen King’s novel, a group of kids from Derry, Maine battle an evil clown named Pennywise
WARM AND FUZZY
Flight Full of Dogs And Cats: The Dallas News claims a Southwest Airlines flight from Austin to San Diego was recently filled with 64 dogs and cats. The animals were evacuated from Houston following Hurricane Harvey. All of the animals were buckled into seats before the flight took off. The animals are being treated at the Helen Woodward Animal Center. They will eventually be placed up for adoption.
iPhone 8 Survey
New surveys by Piper Jaffray and Barclays reveal that 16% of people plan to upgrade to the new iPhone 8 next week. The phone may retail for close to $1,000. Other findings:
– 74% of people have no plans to buy the new iPhone
– just 1 in 50 people would pay over $1,000 for a new phone of any kind
Late For Work
A new survey by the insurance company Devitt reveals that 43% of workers would report a colleague if they were late to work. Other findings:
– 13% of people have missed a job interview due to bad traffic
– it takes the average person 34 minutes to calm down after arriving late to work.
– 33% of people sneak into work when they are late
Driver’s Test Survey
A new study by the insurance company DriveXxpert reveals that 59% of people with no high school degree passed their driving test the first time they took it. Other findings:
– only 48% of people with an undergraduate degree passed their driver’s test the first time they took it.
– only 51% of people with a master’s degree passed their driving test the first time they took it
10 Worst Cities To Raise A Kid according to a new study by 24/7 Wall Street … based on quality of schools, recreational opportunities, high school graduation rates and crime rate
1 Fairbanks, Alaska
2 Farmington, NM
3 Anchorage, Alaska
4 Hammond, La.
5 Odessa, Texas
6 Monroe, La.
7 Albuquerque, NM
8 Goldsboro, NC
9 Beckley, W. Va.
10 Danville, Ill.
I am about to move in to my boyfriend’s house. We had a huge disagreement on Tuesday night after he asked me to get my cat declawed. He is worried about ‘Stitches’ clawing on his furniture and other valuables. I can’t say I blame him because Stitches does the same thing at my house. I guess I’m just used to it. I can see my boyfriend’s point. I also know it is somewhat cruel to declaw a cat. I love my cat and boyfriend and don’t want to lose either of them. What do I do?