ON THE SHOW TODAY WE TALK ABOUT SCHOOL TASERS, TIGER WOODS AND AN EMAIL.
The number of school resource officers carrying tasers may double from last year’s numbers. Supporters say the tasers are a great deterrent and protect students and teachers from potentially dangerous situations. Critics say children are an easy target for overzealous school resource officers.
Local Survey: With school about to start, ask your audience, “Do you think school resource officers should be allowed to carry and use tasers? Why or why not?”
– Law Newz claims the state of Florida hit Tiger Woods with a reckless driving charge yesterday stemming from his recent DUI. His DUI hearing is today.
– Perez Hilton claims Andy Samberg and Joanna Newsom are the proud parents of a new baby girl. They kept the entire pregnancy a secret
TV News Trending …
– Variety magazine claims 7.5 million viewers watched the season finale of The Bachelorette. That’s down from last season’s finale of 8.1 million viewers
– The Hollywood Reporter claims Judge Judy has sold her library of 5,200 episodes to CBS for $200 million. Judy currently makes $47 million a year hosting her court show
– Variety magazine claims HBO has renewed The Rock’s ”Ballers” for a fourth season.
Food Trending …
– The Impulsive Buy website claims white pumpkin pie M&M’s have hit store shelves nearly two months before Halloween
– The Tasting Table claims Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups Coffee Creamer has been spotted on store shelves at Walmart.
– The Impulsive Buy website claims pumpkin pie Kit Kat bars have been spotted on store shelves two months ahead of Halloween
WARM AND FUZZY
Triathlete Saves Another During Ironman Race: People magazine claims Dr. Patricia DeLaMora was recently competing in a 140-mile Santa Rosa, California triathlon when she found an unconscious triathlete during her bike ride. She and another athlete performed CPR for 7 minutes before medics arrived. Dr DeLaMora saved the triathlete’s life before going on to finish her race in 15 hours, 8 minutes
Cheating Pet Owners
The dating site illicitencounters.com recently surveyed 1,000 people to find out the most adulterous pet owners. Here’s what they found … (pet followed by percentage of pet owners who cheat)
1. Cat (26%)
2. Rabbit (17%)
3. Reptile (15%)
4. Other/no pet (14%)
5. Rodent (12%)
6. Fish (9%)
7. Dog (7%)
Booze Sales Increase During Back To School Shopping
A new survey by Ibotta reveals that whiskey sales increase by 67% during back to school shopping. Other findings:
– wine sales increase by 33% during back to school shopping.
– sales of Lunchables increase by 23% during back to school shopping.
Bad Career Advice
A new survey by the staffing firm Accountemps reveals that 66% of people have received bad career advice. Other findings:
– 35% of people have received bad career advice from friends
– 14% of people have received bad career advice from their parents.
Kids Keeping Parents Awake
A new study by the window covering company Hillary’s reveals that the average child takes away 3,330 hours of sleep from their parents. That’s equal to 138 days. Parents lose 44 days of sleep during a child’s first year of life.
My heart sunk while watching The Bachelorette on Monday night because I felt like Rachel. I have been dating my boyfriend for two years and am ready to commit to marriage. He is like Peter on the show and not ready to put a ring on my finger. I’m at a crossroads. I love him, but don’t know if I should wait until he is ready. He has no time frame whatsoever. I am sure I am not the only listener who has gone through this. What would you do if you were me… stay or go?