TUESDAY ON THE SHOW WE ARE BACK FROM VACATION.. ON THE PHONES WE HAD A SURVEY. POST MEMORIAL DAY RECAP AND THE ADVICE COLUMN.
INSTANT PHONER: Baywatch opened over the weekend. Memorial Day Weekend kicks off the beach season.
Survey: “What’s the funniest or most disturbing thing you’ve seen at a beach?”
Post Memorial Day/Start Of Summer
A survey by Nutrisystem reveals that 50% of women would rather go without sex for the summer than gain 10 pounds. 25% of men feel the same way. Other findings:
– 66% of people feel they need to lose weight to feel sexier than they currently do. It would take a loss of 23 pounds to feel hotter.
– more people would prefer to shed 10 to 20 pounds this summer (25%) than get promoted at work (20%)
– 50% of people would rather lose their job than get fat.
– 33% of people have tried to diet during the last year.
– 30% of Americans fall into the “unhealthy lifestyle” category and have dieted an average of 20 times in their life, using five different diet plans
A survey by LoveLite reveals that 50% of women hate their bikini body so much they’d rather stay home than go to the pool. Other findings:
– 93% of women hold in their stomachs while around the pool
– 25% of women cover up with a sarong while around the pool
– 1% of women have no beach hang-ups at all
– 53% of women hate the sight of themselves in a swimsuit
– 60% of women refuse to be photographed in a swimsuit
– 12% of women are mortified by their bingo wings
– 8% of women don’t like the look of their breasts in a swimsuit
Itsy Bitsy Yellow Polka Dot Bikini
A survey by Wakefield Research reveals that 88% of women believe they need to improve one area of their body before they consider themselves “bikini ready.” Other findings:
– 74% of women say their stomach needs work
– 54% of women say their thighs need work
– 78% of women are unwilling to post a photo of themselves in a bikini on their social media profiles
– the average woman thinks about bettering her body seven times per day
– 58% of women feel stuck with their body type
A survey by FitSugar reveals that 82% of women feel pressure to get in shape for bikini season. Other findings:
– 76% of women will wear a bikini this summer. 20% will wear a one-piece
– 11% of women are extremely uncomfortable in a bikini
– 3% of women will post pictures of themselves in a bikini on Facebook
Fake N Bake
A tanning study by onepoll.com reveals that tanned skin can make a woman appear up to 7 pounds lighter. Other findings:
– 65% of women feel sexier with golden skin
– 67% of women are more likely to wear revealing clothing if they have a tan
– 45% of women say being tan has improved their sex life.
– 47% of women receive more compliments when they are tan
– 67% of women believe their clothes look better on them when they are bronzed
My 4 year-old son started summer school last week. Prior to that, both of his grandmothers and I watched him and homeschooled him. During his first week of summer school, his behavior dramatically changed. My son is not listening, is acting out and is being a brat because he is now around other children, who exhibit this poor behavior.
My husband’s family believes in ‘timeouts’ saying it’s better to soothe and teach while my side of the family believes in good, old-fashioned spankings and discipline. Do timeouts work? Which methods work better when you can only choose one?
– Biggest DVD Releases This Week: The Shack, A Dog’s Purpose, and Fist Fight
– TMZ claims the WWE has canceled a wrestling event in Manchester, England because of Ariana Grande’s concert bombing.
– TMZ claims Harrison Ford had to abort two take offs on Friday at the Santa Monica Airport. He may have had engine trouble both times
– The Hollywood Reporter claims the new Guardians of the Galaxy ride Mission: Breakout opened over the weekend at Disney California Adventure. Fans waited 7 hours to ride the ride
– Business Insider claims Disney’s new Avatar theme park could triple their cash flow. The site estimates that Disney could earn $2.7 billion a year from family visits.
– The Consumerist claims BMW is recalling a number of their 7 Series cars because their doors may unexpectedly open. The cars are equipped with the Comfort Access and Soft-Close Automatic Door options. The doors may appear to be closed, but their latch isn’t locked.
– Justin Timberlake and Jimmy Fallon celebrated Memorial Day weekend with a tandem bike ride in the Hamptons.
– Matt Damon and his wife Luciana celebrated Memorial Day weekend in Monaco by boating with Chris Hemsworth.
– CNN claims British Airways had a disastrous Memorial Day weekend after they canceled all of their flights on Saturday and most on Sunday due to a computer system failure. The cost of compensating passengers could top $102 million
– Sole Collector claims Nike is re-releasing the Forrest Gump sneakers. The white leather shoes have a red Swoosh and blue accents on the heel. The Nike Cortez SE OG’s will be out on Thursday and will sell for $80
– People magazine claims Melania Trump wore a $51,000 Dolce & Gabbana coatwhile in Sicily for the G7 Summit with her husband. The coat has a Technicolor floral print.
– Takuma Sato won the Indianapolis 500 on Sunday. The 40 year old has been on the IndyCar circuit for 7 years.
– The Pittsburgh Penguins beat the Nashville Predators in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals 5-3
Food Trending …
– The Impulsive Buy website claims Cotton Candy Twinkies have hit store shelves.
– The San Diego Community newspaper claims the San Diego County Fair is offering a new food item this year called Octopus on a Stick. The octopus has been gutted and cleaned. Shark Tacos are also on the menu.
– Food & Wine magazine claims Krispy Kreme Jelly Belly jelly beans will soon hit store shelves. Flavors include Cinnamon Apple, Strawberry Iced, Original Glazed, Glazed Blueberry Cake, and Chocolate Iced with Sprinkles
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
(** 4-day weekend totals for Fri, Sat, Sun and Mon **)
1 – Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales – $77 million (CINEMA SCOOP … second-lowest debut for a Pirates film following ”The Curse of the Black Pearl”, which earned $46 million in 2003. Earned $208.4 million internationally. The Sunday Telegraph claims the movie cost $320 million to produce)
2 – Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 – $25.1 million
3 – Baywatch – $23 million
4 – Alien: Covenant – $13.2 million
5 – Everything, Everything – $7.4 million
6 – Diary of a Wimpy Kid: The Long Haul – $5.8 million
7 – Snatched – $4.9 million
8 – King Arthur: Legend of the Sword – $4.1 million
9 – The Boss Baby – $2.3 million
10 – Beauty and the Beast – $1.9 million
Tiger Woods DUI: Inside Edition claims the Jupiter, Florida police charged Tiger Woods with a DUI yesterday. They stopped him at 3 a.m. before booking him four hours later. Tiger was released on his own recognizance at 10:50 a.m.
Tiger’s statement read: “I understand the severity of what I did and I take full responsibility for my actions. I want the public to know that alcohol was not involved. What happened was an unexpected reaction to prescribed medications. I didn’t realize the mix of medications had affected me so strongly. I would like to apologize with all my heart to my family, friends and the fans. I expect more from myself too. I will do everything in my power to ensure this never happens again. I fully cooperated with law enforcement, and I would like to personally thank the representatives of the Jupiter Police Department and the Palm Beach County Sheriff’s office for their professionalism.”
TMZ claims Tiger’s current girlfriend Kristin Smith was shopping at a Neiman Marcus store in Dallas when someone called and told her Tiger had been arrested. She bought $5,000 worth of merchandise and then left.
TMZ also claims Tiger was arrogant after an officer stopped him for driving erratically. He refused blow into a breathalyzer. In Florida that results in an automatic arrest and license suspension. Tiger’s lawyers are trying to find out if the police officer had a body cam
Tiger’s former mistress Cori Rist tells the NY Post: “I saw the news, I only feel compassion for the guy. I think he’s a good person, and it’s kind of sad. I think he’s a good person, and clearly he’s a good father, and he’s going through a difficult time, and I think people should offer support instead of applauding his downfall. I just wish him the best, and I hope to see a good outcome from all of this, and I think he’ll be OK.”
Help Wanted – Cat Cuddler: The NY Daily News claims the Just Cats Veterinary Clinic in Dublin, Ireland is hiring a full-time cat cuddler.
Their job ad reads ..
– Are you a crazy cat person and loves cats?
– Does cattitude come naturally to you?
– Have you counted kittens before you go asleep?
– Do you feed the stray cats in your locality?
– Does petting cats make you feel warm and fuzzy?
The ideal candidate must have gentle hands capable of petting and stroking cats for long periods of time. They need to be softly spoke and capable of cat whispering to calm the nerves of some of our in patients. An ability to understand different types of purring is a distinct added advantage in helping you secure this position with us.