WELL MY FRIENDS IT’S MONDAY, WE TALKED ABOUT MOMS, TRENDING AND READ AN EMAIL.
INSTANT PHONER: With the passing of another Mother’s Day, ”What’s the worst and/or least thoughtful Mother’s Day gift you ever received? What was your reaction? Why did your child buy it for you?”
– Deadline.com claims Jason Bateman has signed on for season 5 of Arrested Development. He tweeted; ”Look very probable I’m going to put some miles on the Stair Car this summer. Just officially signed on to more ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT today.”
– Hollywoodlife.com claims Kevin Hart and his wife Eniko Parrish are expecting their first child together. They are having a baby boy
– Contact Music claims Jim Parsons and his partner Todd Spiewak recently married at the Rainbow Room in New York. The two have been dating for 15 years
– Extra claims Ludacris and Vanessa Hudgens are going to co-host the Billboard Music Awards on Sunday, May 21st on ABC
– AV Club claims NBC has renewed ”Law & Order SVU” for a 19th season
– The Daily Mail claims Helen Mirren recently received an honorary doctorate from the University of Southern California
– Deadline.com claims CBS has canceled 2 Broke Girls
Food & Drink Trending …
– Fox News claims Chuck Norris has launched his own bottled water brand called C-Force.
– PR Newswire claims Mountain Dew is releasing a new limited edition flavor called Mtn Dew-S-A. It’s a combination of Mountain Dew Code Red, Mountain Dew White Out and Mountain Dew Voltage.
– Teen Vogue claims a Sydney, Australia restaurant called Butter is selling Nutella French fries. The fries are smothered in Nutella and fresh roasted hazelnuts
– The Impulsive Buy website claims limited edition Cheesecake Cool Whip has hit store shelves
– The Australian claims Heineken is launching a non-alcoholic beer. Heineken 0.0 will be sold throughout Europe, Russia and Israel. Heineken 0.0 has half the calories of a regular Heineken
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
1. “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2,” $63 million ($52.2 million international).
2. “Snatched,” $17.5 million ($3.2 million international).
3.”King Arthur: Legend of the Sword,” $14.7 million ($29.1 million international) (Cinema Scoop .. the movie cost $175 million to produce)
4.”The Fate of the Furious,” $5.3 million
5.”The Boss Baby,” $4.6 million
6.”Beauty and the Beast,” $3.9 million
7.”How to be a Latin Lover,” $3.8 million
8.”Lowriders,” $2.4 million.
9.”The Circle,” $1.7 million
10.”MET Opera: Der Rosenkavalier (2017),” $1.7 million
WARM AND FUZZY
Couple Find 1945 Love Letter Hidden In Home: Inside Edition claims Melissa Fahy and her husband were recently renovating their Westfield, New Jersey home when they found a 1945 love letter hidden in their attic.
Virginia Cristofferson wrote the following to her husband Rolf while he was serving in World War II … “Are you as lonesome for me as I am for you? I love you Rolf, as I love the warm sun, and that is what you are to my life, the sun about which everything else revolves for me.”
Melissa posted the letter online in hopes of locating the Cristoffersons. People immediately responded to the post and put her in contact with Rolf. The 96 year-old lost Virginia six years ago. He got emotional after the letter was read.
Couple Loses 578 Pounds; Now Plans To Marry: The NY Post claims a Syracuse, New York couple that lost a combined 578 pounds now plans to marry. Ronnie Brower and Andrea Masella met at the gym. They played ping pong and basketball on their first date before quickly falling in love. Ronnie has lost 458 pounds while Andrea has dropped 120. His personal trainer Nick is his Best Man. Ronnie used to eat 10 double cheeseburgers and two large pizzas at one sitting.
Top Baby Names
The Social Security Administration has posted their list of the Top 10 names for baby boys and baby girls. This is the fourth year in a row Noah has topped the boy’s list and third year in a row Emma has topped the girl’s list. Caitlyn, as in Caitlyn Jenner, is no longer a Top 10 name
Dating Profile Buzzwords
A new survey by the dating site Illicit Encounters reveals the top dating profile buzzwords for both men and women
Men should use the following words on their profile ….
1. Honest / Honesty
5. Romance / Romantic
9. Trust / Trustworthy
Men should avoid the following words ….
Women should use the following words on their profile …
2. Honest / Honesty
7. Romance / Romantic
Women should avoid the following words on their profile ….
11. Trust / Trustworthy
A new survey by Calm.com reveals that 23% of people have trouble falling asleep on Sunday night making it the hardest night of the week to fall asleep. Other findings:
– Late Friday and Saturday night bedtimes as well as sleeping in late on the weekend contribute to Sunday night sleeping woes
– 8% of people struggle to fall asleep on Monday night making it the second most difficult night of the week to fall asleep.
2% of people have trouble falling asleep on Thursday night making it the easiest night to fall asleep.
Live At Home With Mom
A new survey by the NHP Foundation reveals that 63% of mothers say their adult children are unprepared to live on their own. Other findings:
– 41% of mothers charge their adult children rent.
– 40% of moms worry about their adult children not being able to afford to live on their own.
My wife and I got into a fight yesterday because I did not buy her a Mother’s Day present. Our son turned 1 years-old last week. When my wife asked why I didn’t purchase a gift I said, “Because you are not my mother.” I suppose when my son turns 4 or 5 I will buy a gift on his behalf and he can give it to her. Doing that this year would have been unbelievable because he just celebrated his first birthday. A one year-old can’t buy a present on his own. My wife says I am unthoughtful. Who’s right – me or her? Should husband’s buy Mother’s Day gifts for their wives?