TOMORROW IS VALENTINES DAY #fonsecashow DON’T FORGET! WE TALK MARDI GRAS! ALSO ITS NATIONAL MISTRESS DAY!
Today is Mardi Gras
Survey: “What’s the craziest or funniest thing you’ve seen at a Mardi Gras party?”
Party Time: Over 750,000 people are expected to party in New Orleans today for Mardi Gras.
An NBC poll reveals that 50% of Americans celebrate Mardi Gras, while 70% would consider signing a petition to make Mardi Gras a national holiday.
According to a study done by the University of New Orleans, Mardi Gras celebrations generate $840 million annually. New Orleans alone makes over $144 million from their Mardi Gras celebrations.
Four hundred floats are expected to parade through New Orleans today.
According to Your Tango, 42% of men expect to hookup with somebody they meet at a Mardi Gras party.
ABC claims this week will be the busiest of the year for cheaters because today (February 13th) is “Mistress Day.”
Matchmaker Sameera Sullivan tells the network: “Valentine’s Day you have to be home or you’ll see some really heavy nagging. People always like to create new ‘days’ but if I had to guess I’d say even the weekend before and the weekend after Valentine’s Day are going to be busy times for cheaters. Do not be in denial about what you’re seeing. If your gut tells you something is not right, then listen to your gut. Your gut will tell you the truth. Have enough evidence, don’t just be paranoid. If you’re sure, confront them, bring the facts and have facts that are undeniable.”
Survey: “What’s the most outrageous way you’ve heard of a cheater getting busted? What was their excuse?”
– Entertainment Tonight claims Ed Sheeran has been asked to perform at Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding. Ed previously said; “I get asked this all the time like I know the royal family. I’ve met Harry once! And that was in 2011 at his grans’ Jubilee, and it was like, ‘Hey.’ ‘Hey’… I barely know him!”
– Mashable claims singles, who have Tinder Plus or Tinder Gold are changing their location to Pyeongchang, Korea so they can flirt with Olympic athletes.Tinder is giving athletes free access to their service during the games
– A new survey by the online retailer Zulily reveals that 50% of millennial pet owners say their pet’s approval of someone they’re dating is more important than their family’s approval. 46% of women would rather snuggle with their pet than a partner
– Breitbart claims the stock market rose by 410 points yesterday or 1.7%. This followed the worst weeks for stocks in two years last week.
KFC’s Fried Chicken-Scented Valentine’s Day Cards: QSR magazine claims KFC is offering free fried chicken-scented Valentine’s Day cards.
The scratch and sniff cards smell like the Colonel’s 11 herbs and spices.
They are adorned with lines like …
“You have the secret recipe to my heart.”
“I fell in love the first moment I slaw you.”
“We’re two peas in a chicken pot pie.”
“I’d be with you all the time if only I could. You make me feel so finger lickin’ good.”
The cards are free with the purchase of a $10 Chicken Share meal
National Mistress Day – February 13th
Sneaky Men On Mistress Day: Today is Mistress Day. CBS claims cheating men are ordering Valentine’s Day flowers for both their partner and their mistress. Sneaky men will order one bouquet online with a credit card for their spouse and then visit a store and buy a bouquet with cash for their mistress. The Journal of Marital and Family Therapy claims 22% of husbands and 14% of wives have cheated
Today is Mistress Day. A survey by Victoria Milan, a dating site for married people, reveals that 38% of female cheaters will see their lover on Valentine’s Day. Other findings:
– 35% of cheating women will spend Valentine’s Day with their spouse.
– 27% of cheating women plan to see both their spouse and lover on Valentine’s Day.
– 36% of cheating men will celebrate Valentine’s Day with their lover.
– 43% of cheating men plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day with their partner.
1% of male cheaters plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day with both their spouse and lover.
41% of cheaters will see their lover on Valentine’s Day by using the excuse that they have to work overtime.
27% of cheaters will see their lover on Valentine’s Day by using the excuse that they are exercising
Older Men, Younger Women
A survey by SeekingArrangement.com, the dating site for older men and younger women, reveals that older men say their ideal younger girlfriend or mistress is blonde, athletic, has a 32D chest and loves yoga. Other findings:
– older men like younger women, who have green eyes and don’t smoke
– 40% of men, who use SeekingArrangement.com are married
– 98% of men want their younger partner to be single
Celebrity Hall Pass
A new survey by Now TV reveals that 25% of people would give their partner a ‘Celebrity Hall Pass.’ Other findings:
– 32% of women would use their hall pass on Jamie Dornan while 15% would use theirs on Hugh Jackman
– 34% of men would use their hall pass on Emma Watson while 14% would use it on Dakota Johnson.
– 22% of women and 14% of men say their partner is too dramatic.
Survey: ”If your mate gave you a celebrity “hall pass” who would you choose and why? Has your mate gotten hilariously jealous over a ‘hall pass’? If so, what funny thing happened?”
A new Valentine’s Day survey by the online dating site Zoosk reveals that 70% of women think a weekend getaway is romantic. Other findings:
– 54% of women think flowers are romantic
– 51% of women think a framed picture of them and their partner is romantic
– 50% of men think it’s romantic when a woman cares for them when they’re sick
– 21% of men think cologne is romantic
Work Spouse Survey
A new survey by Subway reveals that 15% of workers plan to get their work spouse a gift on Valentine’s Day. Other findings:
– 65% of people regularly have lunch with their work spouse
– 46% of people regularly go to Happy Hour with their work spouse.
– 45% of people regularly go on a date with their real spouse
– 18% of people plan to give a greeting card to their work spouse on Valentine’s Day.
– 55% of people are less likely to argue with their work spouse than their real spouse
A new survey by RetailMeNot reveals that 72% of people plan to get a Valentine’s Day gift for their partner. Other findings:
Top six gifts …
5 an experience
Top things singles do on Valentine’s Day …
pamper themselves (29%)
eEnjoy a nice dinner (23%)
watch a romantic comedy (21%)
buy themselves a gift! (18%)
My mom and sisters are freaking out because I bought a gift certificate for cool sculpting for my newlywed wife. They say buying a gift certificate for a fat-freezing, fat-reducing procedure is insensitive and will ruin my marriage. My wife is always looking at herself in the mirror and complaining about her ‘junk in the trunk’ so I thought it would be a good idea to buy her the gift certificate and allow her to try the procedure. The women in my family say the gift certificate says; ‘I don’t think you’re sexy enough!” Was the gift certificate a good or bad idea?