FONSECA RECAPS THE SUPER BOWL, IPHONES AND WE GET INTO THE COMMERCIALS!
Another Super Bowl has passed.
Survey: “What was the best Super Bowl commercial? Why did you like it?”
A study by iCracked reveals that smartphone repairs jump by 200% the day after the Super Bowl. The jump occurs because fans of the losing team have broken their phones. Repairs jump by 51% after Independence Day, 50% after Halloween and 68% after Christmas.
The company’s CEO tells Mashable: “When we discovered the pretty hilarious trend, we knew sports fans across the U.S. would relate to the frustration of such a crushing loss.”
Survey: Any funny stories about breaking their phone?”
Super Bowl Recap
Super Bowl Trending …
– The Eagles beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl 41-23. The Eagles hadn’t won a championship in 58 years or 20,859 days. Do paragraph Tom Brady passed for 505 yards.
– Brobible claims the William Hill betting agency lost $4.6 million on three large Eagles bets
– Romper.com claims the teenager, who took a selfie with Justin Timberlake during his Super Bowl halftime performance, is 13 year-old Ryan McKenna of Hingham, Massachusetts. He tells ABC; “I kind of just jumped in there — it was crazy. I’m not going to get that opportunity again, and I just kind of went for it.”
– E! News claims Pink took down a Twitter troll, who said her rendition of the National Anthem sucked. She tweeted; “Yeah but at least I suck while singing our countries national anthem, and you just suck by yourself on a dirty couch. #winning”
– Eagles fans are celebrating the team’s Super Bowl win by changing Budweiser’s ”Dilly Dilly” to ”Philly Philly”
– ESPN claims Nike got the equivalent of $2.86 million worth of free advertisingwhen Justin Timberlake wore his new Jordan sneakers during his Super Bowl halftime performance
– ESPN claims Pizza Hut made 2 million pizzas during yesterday’s Super Bowl.36% of the pizzas were pepperoni
– Celebrity spottings at the Super Bowl: Jennifer Lopez, Alex Rodriguez, Blake Shelton, Steph Curry, Kevin Hart, former Vice President Joe Biden and Diddy
– Bradley Cooper was sitting in the Philadelphia Eagles skybox during the Super Bowl
– Sports Illustrated claims Rob Gronkowski had 69 family members at the Super Bowl
– ABC claims Donald Trump held a Super Bowl party at Mar-A-Lago yesterday.
– 24/7 Sports claims many of the Philadelphia Eagles, who played in yesterday’s Super Bowl did so while battling the flu
– Sport Techie claims Tom Brady prepared for yesterday’s Super Bowl by wearing an infrared glove on his injured hand. The Under Armour glove amplifies infrared rays in order to speed healing.
– The Palm Beach Post claims Florida Atlantic University’s pep band played before Donald Trump’s Super Bowl party at Mar-A-Lago.
– ABC claims the average cost of a Super Bowl ticket was $5,214 or 11% of the average person’s income.
– ESPN claims Tom Brady won his third NFL MVP award on Saturday. He is the oldest player ever to win the award
Celebs React To Eagles Super Bowl Win
Ellen DeGeneres: “What an incredible season for the @Eagles. So happy for Philly and my EP, @EdGlavin. #SuperBowl #Eagles.”
Aaron Paul: “Yesssssss!!!!”
Tom Arnold: “#FlyEaglesFly The Wife If Happy Tonight. @AshleyLynArnold.”
LeBron James: “WOW!”
Josh Groban: “Philly dilly.”
Stephen King wrote, “All props to the Philadelphia Eagles, who played one hell of a game.”
Carrie Underwood: “Congrats, @Eagles and Eagles fans! That was a great game from the anthem to the halftime show to the confetti! So much for both teams to be proud of!”
John Cena: “A well deserved congrats to @Eagles @nfl #SuperBowlLll champions! David has slain Goliath indeed. #NeverGiveUp.”
– The Daily Meal claims the Friendly’s restaurant chain is selling a winter-inspired ice cream called Nor’easter Pothole. It features chocolate ice cream with ‘black tar’ fudge, cookie ‘gravel’ and chocolate chips as asphalt.
– Cuba Gooding Jr tells the BBC that people yell “Show me the knife” because he played OJ Simpson in “The People vs OJ”.
– TMZ claims over 200 pieces of Prince memorabilia will be auctioned off this week. Boots, a microphone, pants and notebooks are all expected to fetch more than $50,000
– Fansided claims Charles Barkley will host SNL on March 3rd
– Naughty Gossip claims Kylie Jenner has given birth to a healthy baby girl
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
1. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle — $11 million
2. Maze Runner: The Death Cure — $10.2 million
3. Winchester — $9.3 million
4. The Greatest Showman — $7.8 million
5. Hostiles — $5.5 million
6. The Post — $5.2 million
7. 12 Strong — $4.7 million
8. Den of Thieves — $4.7 million
9. The Shape of Water — $4.3 million
10. Paddington 2 — $3.1 million
I own a local auto repair shop. My friend recently brought in his car for repairs. One of my mechanics found a GPS tracker in his wheel well. I suspect my friend’s wife placed the tracker in the wheel well because they are having problems and she suspects him of cheating. Should I tell my friend about the tracker? If I do I would violate my company’s own customer-client relationship policy, which protects the privacy of our valued clients. If I don’t tell my friend I would be violating our friendship. What should I do?
Woman Throws Divorce Party In Wedding Dress
Inside Edition claims Nicole Niesner, of Saskatchewan, Canada, recently held a divorce party after being married for 13 years. She and her friends wore their wedding dresses while guzzling wine and champagne. She tells the show; “I did a little of ‘pinteresting’ and ‘Googling’ and I said ‘I should have a divorce party’. My friend just said ‘you know what, I am going to take care of it, just be home at 6:30.’ They all had bags and boxes of wedding dresses. I dug mine out of the basement and we all got dressed up. It was a blast. We kept it really positive, drank some wine, ate some food. The wedding dresses were on most of the time, everybody was really digging that. Even though I am okay with being divorced, it just lifted me up and reminded me that I am loved and that I have lots of great people in my life.”
VDAY Pet Survey
A new survey by Nature’s Menu reveals that 50% of people would rather buy a Valentine’s Day gift for their pet than their partner. Other findings:
– 14% of people love their pet more than their partner
– 44% of people will spend up to $45 on a Valentine’s Day gift for their pet.
Flu Prevention Survey
A new survey by the Bradley Corporation reveals that 47% of people are taking extra vitamin C during flu season. 61% of people are washing their hands more while 53% have increased their fluid intake in order to ward off the flu
The NY Post claims 42 states are reporting high patient traffic from the flu.
Wine Good For Brain
A new study by the University of Rochester reveals that wine is good for the brain. Researcher Maiken Nedergaard tells the Daily Mail; ”Prolonged intake of excessive amounts of ethanol is known to have adverse effects on the central nervous system. However, in this study we have shown for the first time that low doses of alcohol are potentially beneficial to brain, namely it improves the brain’s ability to remove waste.”
The Roots Sing the Eagles Fight Song “Fly Eagles Fly”
Philadelphia Eagles QB Nick Foles Talks About Winning Super Bowl LII …The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots 41-33. Foles talks about the play where he scored a touchdown by catching the ball. The team has been practicing that play for weeks. Foles talks about how he almost retired. He’s glad he came back and played. Foles says he had some nerves to start the game. He knew he didn’t have to be ‘Superman’ to win the game.
Philadelphia Eagles Head Coach Doug Pederson Talks About Winning Super Bowl LII … The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots 41-33. Pederson says the play where QB Nick Foles caught the touchdown pass was called the ‘Philly Special.’ He trusted in his coaches and players. Pederson says in games like this you have to be ‘aggressive.’ Pederson says a lot of people counted him and the team out. They found a way to get the job done. Pederson says they can’t wait to get back to Philadelphia and celebrate with the fans.
New England Patriots QB Tom Brady Talks About Losing Super Bowl LII …The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots 41-33. Brady says they just didn’t get the job done. Brady says the Eagles played a good game. He wishes his team scored more points. Brady talks about the play where he dropped the pass thrown to him. He says it was a good throw, he just didn’t make the play. Brady says the team moved the ball. They just didn’t score enough points to win.
New England Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick Talks About Losing Super Bowl LII … The Philadelphia Eagles beat the New England Patriots 41-33. Coach Belichick is proud of his team. They competed for 60 minutes, but it wasn’t quite enough. Coach Belichick calls his team ‘champions.’ They just came up short