HAPPY TUESDAY ….ON THE SHOW WE TALKED ABOUT HOTEL ROOMS AND FRONT PAGE NEWS! OPRAH FOR PRESIDENT!!
The Record Searchlight newspaper claims residents of a Redding, California apartment caused $11,000 in damage while trying to kill a spider. One of the men, who lives in the apartment ignited the spider with a torch lighter. The flaming eight-legged arachnoid ran under a mattress before the bedding caught on fire. The blaze quickly spread to a flag collection and drapes before the residents tried to extinguish it with a garden hose. Firefighters were eventually called to put out the fire. It caused $11,000 worth of damage.
Survey: ”Do you know someone, who caused a major amount of damage while trying to kill an insect? If so, what outrageously funny thing happened? How much damage was caused?”
– NFL.com claims Pink is going to perform the National Anthem at the Super Bowl.
– The Wrap claims 19 million people watched the Golden Globes on Sunday. That’s down 5% from last year.
– Business Insider claims shares of Weight Watchers jumped by 13% yesterdayafter the Internet called for Oprah Winfrey to run for president following her Golden Globes speech. Oprah owns 10% of the company
– Breitbart claims Trump Tower caught on fire yesterday. New York City firefighters said the blaze started on the roof in an electrical box. No injuries or evacuations occurred. The blaze was quickly extinguished
– TMZ claims LaVar Ball’s Big Baller Brand has been given an F rating by the Better Business Bureau for failing to fill customer orders. The company has received 41 negative reviews and 33 complaints.
– The Daily Mail claims Samsung introduced a new television at the Consumer Electronics Show. The 146-inch TV is nicknamed ‘The Wall’.
– Mashable claims LG debuted a new television at the Consumer Electronics Show that is thinner than a stack of five credit cards. The ‘Wallpaper TV’ comes with a voice controled remote.
– Delish.com claims Skittles is out with a special Valentine’s Day “Love Mix” that has red, white and pink-colored candies
– Jamie Dornan has a bonus track on the ”Fifty Shades Freed” soundtrack called ”Maybe I’m Amazed.”
Oprah For President: The Los Angeles Times quotes Stedman Graham as saying Oprah may be open to running for President. “It’s up to the people. She would absolutely do it.”
NBC Tweeted: ”Nothing but respect for OUR future president. #GoldenGlobes”
Donald Trump Jr. Tweeted: ”In case anyone had any doubts about where the media stands this should take care of it. The bias against @realDonaldTrump is now so obvious they have simply given up hiding it. Can you trust anything they say at this point? Americans see the truth in job #s & in their wallets!”
The paper quotes another possible celebrity candidate, The Rock, as saying; “The consideration is always serious. I’m just trying to learn as much as I can. But I don’t know a lot about politics.”
Shelter worker Miranda Morrison posted Henry’s ad online. It reads; “Hello hooooouuuuuman! My name is Henry, but you can call me ‘good boy. “Netflix and Nuzzles?”
Morrison tells NBC that she listed Henry’s age as 23. ”He likes to swim, and lives for car rides. Henry enjoys hiking and “loves to get out and go on adventures. After a long day he is content to cuddle up on the couch and watch TV and snuggle with you. I could go on and on about him.”
A new study by Ozy Media reveals that 33% of NFL fans boycotted the league this year because they were upset with players, who kneeled during the National Anthem. Other findings:
– 32% of people stopped watching NFL games in support of Donald Trump
– 22% of fans stopped watching NFL games in solidarity with kneeling players.
– 12% of NFL fans stopped watching games in support of Colin Kaepernick
– 8% of NFL fans stopped watching games because they were boring
– 11% of NFL fans stopped watching games because of news about traumatic brain injuries to players.
Marriage And Finances Survey
A new survey by the legal firm Slater & Gordon reveals that 20% of married couples say they argue most about their finances. Other findings:
– 20% of people blame their spouse for overspending or failing to budget properly.
– 33% of couples say financial pressure is the biggest challenge in their marriage.
A new survey by the skin relief company CeraVe reveals that 42% of people say the worst thing about winter is having dry skin. Other findings:
– 57% of people would be willing to give up their social media accounts for healthier skin
– 18% of people would be willing to give up their favorite food for the duration of winter in exchange for healthier skin
– 23% of people would be willing to relocate for healthier skin.
Robot Folds Laundry
AV Club claims a $1,000 robot, called the Foldimate, has been created to fold laundry. The Foldimate folds shirts, pants, towels and pillowcases. Foldimate’s maker says the machine can fold a load of laundry in two to four minutes
Top 20 Bed Bug Infested Cities according to Orkin
1. Baltimore, MD
2. Washington, D.C.
3. Chicago, IL
4. Los Angeles, CA
5. Columbus, OH
6. Cincinnati, OH
7. Detroit, MI
8. New York, NY
9. San Francisco- Oakland-San Jose, CA
10. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX
11. Indianapolis, IN
12. Philadelphia, PA
13. Atlanta, GA
14. Cleveland- Akron-Canton, OH
15. Raleigh- Durham, NC
16. Richmond- Petersburg, VA
17. Houston, TX
18. Norfolk- Portsmouth- Newport News, VA
19. Charlotte, NC
20. Buffalo, NY