ON THE SHOW WE TALK ABOUT THE WINTER SNOW AND ARE WE STILL WORKING IN HOLIDAY MODE? WHATS TRENDING IN THE NEWS! MAKE SURE TO FOLLOW US @FONSECASHOW
With most of North America in a deep freeze, ask your audience, “What funny, weird or creative things do you do to stay warm? What do people say about your crazy method?”
A survey by comparethemarket.com reveals that 50% of workers are still in “holiday mode” the week following a vacation.
”Have you ever returned from vacation and screwed something up at work because you were still in ‘holiday mode’? If so, what funny thing happened?
– CNN claims no one won Wednesday’s Powerball jackpot. Saturday’s drawing is expected to be worth $550 million. The winning numbers from Wednesday were … 2, 18, 37, 39, and 42, with a Powerball number of 12.
– The NY Post claims Hollywood actresses plan to wear black to Sunday’s Golden Globes as part of their anti-harassment protest.
– MarketWatch claims Taco Bell is launching $1 Nacho Fries on January 25th. The limited edition fries will be served with nacho cheese and will come in several sizes.
– Popsugar claims Kellogg’s is going to begin selling Lucky Charms Frosted Flakeslater this month
– Uproxx claims Netflix is making a sequel to Will Smith’s new elf movie “Bright.”Will is going to return for the sequel
– Variety magazine claims 8.8 million people watched Ellen’s new primetime show ”Ellen’s Game of Games.”
– TMZ claims Showtime is going to air Rob Gronkowski’s comedy special “Unsportsmanlike Comedy with Rob Gronkowski” this Friday. Gronk and other comedians do stand-up
– Media Post claims The Atkins Diet has hired Rob Lowe as their first male spokesperson.
– USA Today claims the Jacksonville Jaguars will sell teal-colored beer during Sunday’s playoff game against Buffalo.
Firefighter Saves Cat: EMS1 claims Aberdeen, Maryland firefighter Tami Hoag is being hailed as a hero for saving a cat’s life. She and fellow firefighters were battling a house blaze when she brought a lifeless cat out of the home. Tammy spent several minutes reviving the cat with oxygen and life-saving techniques.
Men Prefer Blondes
A new study by Minnesota’s Augsburg University reveals that men prefer blondes because they look significantly younger and more healthy than brunettes. Researchers asked 110 men questions about women. They found that men find women with lighter hair more attractive than women with darker hair. Men also say blondes look more promiscuous than brunettes.
People Who Curse Are More Honest
A new study by Maastricht University in the Netherlands reveals that people, who use profanity are more honest than those who don’t. Researchers studied 276 people to find out why and how they curse. Researchers then analyzed 70,000 Facebook profiles before concluding, ”We set out to provide an empirical answer to competing views regarding the relationship between profanity and honesty. We found that a higher rate of profanity use was associated with more honesty.”
U.S. News is out with their list of the best diets for 2018.
Best Diets Overall
1. DASH Diet (tie)
1. Mediterranean Diet (tie)
3. Flexitarian Diet
Best Commercial Diets
1. Weight Watchers
2. Jenny Craig
3. Flat Belly Diet (tie)
3. Nutritarian Diet (tie)
Best Weight-Loss Diets
1. Weight Watchers
3. Jenny Craig (tie)
3. Vegan Diet (tie)
Best Fast Weight-Loss Diets
1. HMR Diet (tie)
1. Weight Watchers (tie)
3. Biggest Loser Diet (tie)
3. Medifast (tie)
3. SlimFast (tie)
3. Volumetrics (tie)
Best Diets For Healthy Eating
1. DASH Diet (tie)
1. Mediterranean diet (tie)
3. Flexitarian Diet (tie)
3. TLC Diet (tie)
Easiest Diets to Follow
1. Mediterranean Diet
2. Flexitarian Diet (tie)
2. Weight Watchers (tie)
Best Heart-Healthy Diets
1. DASH diet
2. Mediterranean Diet (tie)
2. Ornish Diet (tie)
Golf Business is out with their list of the sexiest sports men and women like to see the opposite sex play.
Sexiest Sports Women Like To See Men Play
Sexiest Sports Men Like To See Women Play
My husband and I just discovered that our six year-old son shoplifted candy and a toy from a local convenience store during the holidays. My husband wants to take our son to the police station so cops can make a fake arrest and teach him a lesson. I think that’s extreme and prefer explaining that shoplifting is wrong so our son will never do it again. It’s not like he robbed a bank. Who’s right – my husband or I? How should we handle this?’
WHAT DO YOU THINK?