Today’s Showbiz Highlights 04/23/15
1. SANDRA BULLOCK has been named “People” magazine’s Most Beautiful Woman of the Year. Not surprisingly, her idea of beauty has nothing to do with looks. She says, quote, “Be a good person, be a good mom, do a good job with the lunch, let someone cut in front of you who looks like they’re in a bigger hurry. The people I find most beautiful are the ones who aren’t trying.”
2. “OK!” magazine says GEORGE and AMAL CLOONEY are expecting a baby. Clooney’s rep says, quote, “The story is made up.”
3. ROBERT DOWNEY JR. got upset when a British journalist tried to ask him questions about his past drug abuse. He said, “Bye,” cut the interview short, and left. The guy apologized, and Downey said, quote, “It’s okay . . . You seem okay, it’s just getting a little Diane Sawyer.”
4. A woman has sued MILA KUNIS . . . claiming that she stole a chicken named “Doggie” from her. She claims she was Mila’s best friend back in the Ukraine, and when they were in the first grade, Mila stole her pet chicken . . . so she wants $5,000 in damages. Mila made a video mocking the whole thing.
5. SALMA HAYEK posts weird Instagram videos where she does things like eat a cricket . . . hug an alpaca . . . pick up roadkill . . . and thank her chickens for giving her fresh eggs.
6. C. THOMAS HOWELL says the cast of “The Outsiders” is still pretty tight . . . except for TOM CRUISE. He says, quote, “I’m close with Ralph [Macchio], Rob [Lowe] will always be tight, Matt [Dillon] and I are always close. But I’m afraid nobody spends time with Lord Cruise. He’s untouchable.”
7. CHRIS ROCK did a seven-minute monologue for HBO’s “Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel” to try to explain why black people don’t care about baseball. He basically boiled it down to this: It’s boring, and they like to embrace the past . . . which wasn’t necessarily a good time for blacks.
8. The San Francisco Board of Supervisors unanimously voted to ban all tobacco products from athletic venues, including AT&T Park, where the Giants play. It still has to pass another vote and be approved by the mayor, but if it goes through, AT&T park will be the first baseball stadium to ban players from chewing.
9. The script for the “Fifty Shades of Grey” sequel, “Fifty Shades Darker”, will be written by author NIALL LEONARD, who just happens to be the husband of “Fifty Shades” author E.L. JAMES. James’ meddling in the movies has been blamed for director Sam Taylor-Johnson and screenwriter Kelly Marcel leaving the franchise.
10. MARY-KATE and ASHLEY OLSEN might actually be interested in the new “Full House” series. Mary-Kate says, quote, “I guess we’re going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening . . . and Ashley says she’s going to call BOB SAGET and “get his perspective.”
11. ABC’s upcoming live-action “Muppets” revival is going to be “more adult”, with a “30 Rock” feel. It’ll be a “mockumentary”, going behind the scenes as the Muppets create a new TV show. It’ll also go into the Muppets’ personal lives and relationships.