Today’s Showbiz Highlights 09/12/16
1. HILLARY CLINTON was filmed stumbling, and possibly even fainting, after leaving a 9/11 memorial yesterday. Her doctor says she has pneumonia, and she just got overheated and dehydrated. (Full Story)
2. Transgender actress ALEXIS ARQUETTE died yesterday at the age of 47. She was a sibling of David, Roseanna, and Patricia Arquette, and her movies included “Pulp Fiction”, “The Wedding Singer”, and “Buffy the Vampire Slayer”.
3. JANET JACKSON is on bed rest until her baby is born. A source says, quote, “She is doing OK and resting until she is due for her baby. [Janet] is aware of complications, but as of now doctors say she is OK.” Janet is 50, and this will be her first child.
4. This week in college football, Michigan Wolverines coach JIM HARBAUGH was caught on camera picking his nose and eating it.
5. CHRIS BROWN sat during the National Anthem at an event yesterday, even though it was 9/11. Maybe he was ‘protesting,’ but he didn’t look that serious about it, because he was also laughing and talking with friends.
6. There weren’t as many National Anthem protests in the NFL as some expected, possibly because yesterday was also September 11th. A few players kneeled, and others raised their fists, but there were only a handful altogether.
7. NICK CANNON says he’ll never get married again because, quote, “That takes the fairy tale out of it. Cinderella didn’t get married, she just lived happily ever after.” The thing is, Cinderella DOES get married in both the Disney cartoon version and the fairy tale by the Brothers Grimm.
8. “Sully”, starring TOM HANKS, was the #1 movie at the box office this weekend, with an opening take of $35.5 million. The new thriller “When the Bough Breaks” was second with $15 million.
9. BRITNEY SPEARS says she doesn’t really listen to her own music, because she needs to stay in the moment for her creative process to work. And she also insinuates that she gets sick of her stuff, since she sings it every night.
10. KATY PERRY and TAYLOR SWIFT are still not on friendly terms. Someone recently asked Katy if she’d ever consider collaborating with Taylor, and Katy said, quote, “If she says sorry, sure!”