IT’S FRIDAY…TODAY TAKE YOUR DOG TO WORK DAY! WHAT DO WOMEN WANT? AND MORE!
Coed sleepovers are once again a big trend among tweens and teens this summer. Most parents are split over whether or not the coed sleepovers are a good idea.
Survey: “Do you think coed sleepovers are a good idea? Would you allow your teen or tween to attend one? When you were younger did you attend a co-oed sleepover where something funny, strange or bad happened?”
Today Is Take Your Dog To Work Day
Take Your Dog To Work Day Trending …
– A survey by Muddy Paws reveals that 50% of people are not allowed to take their dog to work.
– A survey by the Society For Human Resource Management reveals that 8% of American workplaces allow employees to bring their pets to work.
– Parade Magazine claims Google, Mashable, Ben & Jerry’s, Go Daddy and Build-A-Bear Workshop all allow employees to bring their dogs to work on a daily basis
Pets = Less Stress At Work
Today Is Take Your Dog To Work Day. A new survey by Purina reveals that employees, who are allowed to bring their pets to work have lower stress levels by the end of the day. Other findings:
– 63% of employees in pet friendly workplaces are very satisfied with their job
– 80% of employees in pet-friendly workplaces say having their pet at work makes them feel happy, relaxed and sociable
– 19% of cat owners in pet friendly workplaces bring their cat to work on a daily basis
– 20% of dog owners in pet friendly workplaces bring their dog to work on a daily basis.
– Hotair.com claims Donald Trump never recorded any conversations he had with former FBI director James Comey
– The LA Times claims the city of Los Angeles is considering renaming a portion of Rodeo Road after Barack Obama. The road would be called ”Obama Boulevard”
– Metro UK claims the West Midlands, England police recently received a phone call from a resident, who spotted the Queen of England riding in the back of her car without a seatbelt on. The police classified the call as a non emergency
– BuzzFeed claims Barneys Department Store is selling a $185 Prada paperclip.Each clip features the Prada name and logo.
– CNN claims Sears Canada filed for bankruptcy yesterday
– Delish.com claims Oreo is making Cookies and Cream candy canes for the holidays.
– AV Club claims ”Weird” Al Yankovic is getting a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
– The Impulsive Buy website claims Hostess Molten Lava Ding Dongs will soon hit store shelves
– AAA says 44.2 million Americans will travel for Independence Day. That’s up 1.25 million from last year
WARM AND FUZZY
Stuffed Animal Saves Boy’s Life: A stuffed animal is being credited with saving a 2 year old Chelsea, Massachusetts boy’s life. The toddler was clutching a giant stuffed cow when he began jumping up and down on his bed. He accidentally fell out of his second story window before dropping 16 feet to the ground. The boy landed on the cow. It broke his fall and prevented any serious injuries.
Perfect Selfie Angle
A new study published in the journal of Frontiers in Psychology reveals that German scientists have found the perfect selfie angle. They had 172 focus group participants rate different selfies and the angles at which people shot themselves. The scientists analyzed the data and found the perfect selfie angle occurs when a person’s head is tilted to the right at 15 degrees
Better Drivers – Men or Women
A new survey by the car club company Ubeeqo reveals that 74% of women believe they are a better driver than their partner. Other findings:
– 25% of women say their partner has a better sense of direction than they do
– 20% of women say their partner is a safer driver than they are
– 14% of men say they know the roads better than their partner
What Women Want
A new survey by the grooming brand men-u reveals that 78% of women want a man with humor and personality. Other findings:
– 65% of women want a man with nice eyes
– only 9% of women want a man with a good physique.
– 21% of women want a chivalrous man
– 37% of women want a witty man
– 35% of women want a sensitive man
Men Get Fat And Lazy After Settling Down And Having Kids
A new study published in the journal Social Sciences and Medicine reveals that men gain weight and get lazy after they get married. Scientists studied data from 8,729 men before concluding that men gain weight after getting married and after the birth of a child.
Researcher Joanna Syrda tells the NY Post: “Those in relationships may eat more regular meals and/or richer or denser foods due to social obligations, which may arise because of marriage. Individuals who are on the matching market have higher incentives and exert more effort to stay fit than individuals who are already or still married, resulting in higher BMI among married individuals than those not married.”
”Top 10 “Most Adventurous Cities in America” according to Men’s Health
San Diego, CA
Virginia Beach, VA
I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost six years now. We started dating during my senior year in college. I’m getting to an age where I want to settle down and get married. My boyfriend has told me several times that marriage is just ‘a piece of paper.’ I told him that a ‘piece of paper’ means a lot to me. I have a good relationship with my man, but want to get married. Do you think giving him an ‘ultimatum’ is a good idea OR do I just play the ‘wait and see’ game?