WELCOME TO ANOTHER EPISODE OF “THE SHOW” WE GO TO THE PHONES, GOSSIP, MUSIC AND MORE
Today is School Principals’ Day
Survey: ”Ask your audience to call with their funny stories about why they were sent to the principal’s office. What happened? What were the consequences? Did they talk themselves out of trouble?”
– The Packer newspaper claims avocado prices will be higher for Cinco DeMayo this year because of smaller avocado crops in Mexico and California. Some avocados may sell for as much as $2.29 apiece
– The NY Daily News claims Aaron Hernandez’s toxicology report shows he was not on drugs when he took his life in a prison cell.
– Kelly Ripa may announce her new Live co-host this morning.
– Deadline.com claims production on The Last Ship has been placed on hold until after Memorial Day because Eric Dane is dealing with depression.
– Hollywoodlife.com claims Shannen Doherty’s breast cancer is in remission.
– Jennifer Lopez tells Entertainment Tonight that she does not mind people calling her and Alex Rodriguez J-ROD. “I mean it’s fine, I don’t know. We kind of thought that might happen because people who knew us were already doing it.”
– Uproxx claims Megyn Kelly will make her NBC News debut in June by interviewing the Kardashian family. Rob Kardashian and Caitlyn Jenner were not invited to be a part of the interview.
– TMZ claims Russell Wilson and Ciara are the proud parents of a new baby girl named Sienna. She weighed 7 pounds, 13 ounces. It’s the couple’s first child.
– Coach handbags may purchase Jimmy Choo for $1.29 billion
– The Hollywood Reporter claims The Gong Show reboot is going to feature celebrity judges Jack Black, Will Forte, Zach Galifianakis, Andy Samberg, Elizabeth Banks, Joel McHale and Dana Carvey. Consequence of Sound claims Mike Myers is going to host The Gong Show reboot
– Raw Story claims Ivanka Trump is trying to win over her Washington DC neighbors by gifting them with pastries filled with poppy seeds, prunes and fruits.
Hooray for Hollywood: Here are this past weekend’s box office results.
1. “The Fate of the Furious,” $19.4 million ($68.4 million international).
2. “How to Be a Latin Lover,” $12 million.
3. “Baahubali 2: The Conclusion,” $10.1 million
4. “The Circle,” $9.3 million (A source tells Naughty Gossip: (“The opening is a disaster and Tom is worried. His name alone should have brought in fans even if the movie is terrible. Where did his fan base go? He has been working for years and has made some great films. It is like all that has been forgotten and he it doesn’t feel good.”)
5. “The Boss Baby,” $9.1 million
6. “Beauty and the Beast,” $6.4 million
7. “Going in Style,” $3.6 million
8. “Smurfs: The Lost Village,” $3.3 million
9. “Gifted,” $3.3 million.
10. “Unforgettable,” $2.3 million.
WARM AND FUZZY
Boy Saves Dad: The NY Post claims 8 year-old Ayden Ison is being hailed as a hero for saving his dad’s life. The two were driving in Whitesburg, Kentucky when their Mustang’s wheels blew out sending them over an embankment and into a stream. Ayden, who suffered a broken leg, crawled out of the wreckage and then walked to a nearby road where he flagged down a Good Samaritan.
His mother, Priscilla, tells the paper; “He was climbing out the window in panic, and turned around and looked at his dad and said, ‘You’re getting out of this car one way or another, Dad,’ and he took off up the embankment.”
Ayden’s dad suffered broken ribs and a broken leg
Best and Worst Drivers
Everdrive is out with their list of the states with the best and worst drivers.
4. North Dakota
5. South Dakota
46. New Hampshire
47. New Jersey
50. Rhode Island
– on average, men are 5% more likely to speed than women.
– 43% of women use their phone while driving.
– 39% of men use their phone while driving
– men are 11% more likely than females to engage in risky acceleration habits.
– women are 23% less likely to make a hard turn than a man
A new study by the reservation service OpenTable reveals that 91% of people have experienced ‘food envy’ while dining out. Other findings:
– 32% of people feel ‘food envy’ as soon as food arrives
– 40% of people say ‘food envy’ causes disappointment
– 37% of people say ‘food envy’ causes regret
– 44% of people say ‘food envy’ causes hunger
Bullies Seek Plastic Surgery
A new study by Warwick University reveals that school bullies are more likely to seek plastic surgery than non-bullies.
Professor Dieter Wolke tells the Daily Mail: ”We found in our study, that everyone who was involved in bullying had a higher desire for cosmetic surgery. The desire for cosmetic surgery in bullied adolescents is immediate and long-lasting. Being victimized by peers resulted in poor psychological functioning, which increased desire for cosmetic surgery. For bullies, cosmetic surgery may simply be another tactic to increase social status … to look good and achieve dominance. Our results suggest that cosmetic surgeons should screen candidates for psychological vulnerability and history of bullying.”
Cheating On Business Trips
A new survey by the dating site Gleeden reveals that 62% of men and 52% of women have used a business trip to have an extramarital affair. Other findings:
– 53% of married male cheaters have had an extramarital affair with a co-worker.
– 27% of married female cheaters have had an extramarital affair with a co-worker
– 13% of female cheaters have had relations at work
– 24% of male cheaters have had relations at work.
My wife gave birth last Thursday. We now have a beautiful son. On Saturday, she got mad at me because I did not get her a push present. She says all of her friends got one. With all of our bills, and her early pregnancy, I didn’t even think about getting her a gift. I told her a push present is like a Hallmark holiday. It’s not real. She disagrees. Should I have gotten her a push present? Is it like a Hallmark holiday? Who’s right – me or her?